We are hiring an experienced Leasing Agent to focus on a Leasing and Marketing in our Durham Corporate Office. This is an entry-level position in the property management field, but prior sales experience, particularly in Leasing is a requirement to be considered a candidate.
This position is fully responsible for the leasing and marketing of units, both Multi-family and Single-family, the performance of clerical duties in support of office personnel, and for miscellaneous customer service.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Respond to resident request promptly and courteously and to help resolve resident issues.
- Maintain accurate records of all property transactions and submit on a timely basis through management software
- Providing premier customer service to prospects and clients.
- Be aware of company and community policies and be able to explain them to residents and potential residents.
- Have a comprehensive working knowledge of all lease-related documents and be able to accurately complete the documents in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate resident files in accordance with Real Estate Associates company policy.
- Continuously update your knowledge on community and area facts and statistics.
- Maintaining a strong customer service/satisfaction philosophy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the ability to Lease residential units at the highest effective rent level possible.
- Showing available rental properties to prospective Tenants on occasion.
- Ensure inventory of properties are rented to the fullest capacity.
- Handling prospective Tenants inquiries.
- Qualify potential residents.
- Utilizing marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Ensure the gathering of information about market competition in the area.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management through effective conflict resolution.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- On occasion, assure the quality and quantity of market-ready units.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to proper procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Prepare lease agreements
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and added to management software accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Ensure that models and market ready units are walked on occasion and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Successful candidates will have prior property management leasing experience.
- Must be organized, meticulous and able to perform fully and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate an appropriate course of action.
- Working knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Appfolio Management Software knowledge a plus.
- Real Estate License: (Preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience in sales or as a Leasing Agent/Consultant required
Job Type: Full-time
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reliable transportation with a valid driver's license is required.