Job Title: Property Maintenance Technician (“PMT”)
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The PMT will work in the service department which serves the company’s property management division. The PMT will be responsible, under the direction of the Service Department Manager, for the overall maintenance and repair of a variety of residential investment properties and some commercial property.
- Performing basic repairs and maintenance associated with electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
- Processing work orders, and associated maintenance and repair work, and inputting all repair details and activities into company property management system.
- Ensuring that work is completed in a quality and workmanlike manner.
- Communicating with tenants and following up regarding work performed.
- Ordering parts and materials as needed.
- Make ready units for new move‐ins
- Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems
- Responsible for 24 hour emergency maintenance
- Coordinate special projects as directed
- Must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents/tenants, visitors, contractors and fellow employees.
- Must have the necessary tools to effectively complete tasks outlined above. PMTs must provide their own tools.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable work truck/van.
- Have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships. Technician must be willing to travel to properties.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous renovation and repair experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in interior painting, plumbing, carpentry, drywall and flooring. Some experience in repairing appliances preferred.
- HVAC certification preferred, with experience in troubleshooting and repairs.
- EPA certification type 1
- As a condition of employment, all employees must pass a drug/alcohol test and criminal history check.
Sitting, standing, walking, driving, climbing/ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. multiple times per shift, talking, hearing, and seeing. Candidates must have the physical capabilities that are required to perform typical maintenance, repair and renovation tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.