Real Estate Associates in Durham, NC, is seeking a full-time assistant property manager for our commercial property portfolio. The property types are varied and include neighborhood anchored and unanchored shopping centers, net-leased single-tenant properties, small office properties, and various individual commercial buildings. Tenants include national chains and local, independent operators.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Interacting directly with property owners, tenants, and vendors daily.
- Fielding service calls from tenants and coordinating the performance of service work.
- Enforcing the terms of commercial lease agreements.
- Handling rent collection, posting rent, sending late notices and defaults.
- Managing work orders, invoices, service records, contracts, and insurance requirements.
- Coordinating regular property inspections and routine property maintenance
- Administrative duties
The ideal candidate will meet the following:
- Must have at least one year of commercial property management experience – candidates without this requirement will not be considered.
- Knowledge of lease administration, basic property management bookkeeping, TICAM reconciliations, and physical plant maintenance.
- Presents a high level of professionalism and customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and high-level organizational skills
When applying, please indicate your salary expectations for this position.
Compensation is based on experience; benefits include paid vacation and holidays, 401K plan with employer matching, and 100% employer-paid health insurance!